No Fireworks this year.
There is no launching from Paradise Cove. The only authorized launching spot on the lagoon is from the launch ramp on the east side of the lake.
Lagoon launch ramp closed for launching trailered boats
As of June 28, 2015 the lagoon launch ramp is closed for launching trailered boats over 10 feet in length. The launch ramp remains open for any boat that can be launched by hand. Trailer tires may not back off the end of the launch ramp while launching or retrieving.
The Lower Lake Swim Beach will be open this Summer, starting Sat. June 13th.
Starting Sat. June 13th, the "Lower Lake Swim Beach will be open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 10 am to 5pm
Castaic Lake Lagoon offers a wide variety of recreational activities, including fishing, picnicking, camping, non-gasoline powered boating and swimming during summer only. The lagoon has approximately 3 miles of shoreline and 197 Acres of shallow waterways suitable for float tubes, Kayaks,and non gas powered boat fishing. The maximum depth of the lagoon is approximately 70 feet deep.
Our 60-site campground will accommodate campers, trailers, RV’s and tents. However, no hookups are available. The Handicap accessible fishing pier and 24 hour fishing area parking are located at the campground entrance. Shoreline trails are accessible from the campgrounds.The East Side Lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing. Shoreline fishing is accessible from the east side only.
The two-lane launch ramp is utilized by canoes, sailboats/boards, kayaks, float tubes and vessels with trolling motors. A fish cleaning station is located at the lagoon launch ramp.
The West Side Lagoon, in addition to being the location of summer swim beaches, boasts a large number of picnic areas. Hiking, biking and equestrian trails are also easily accessible.
Boating and General Use
- Consumption of Alcoholic beverages is prohibited. L.A. County Ordinance 17.04.440.
- Possession of any type of firearm is prohibited.
- California Boating Laws, as well as Los Angeles County Ordinances covering boating apply and are enforced. Please read and be familiar with the ABC’s of California Boating.
- All vessels shall be subject to inspection at any time.
- Children under the age of 13 must wear a Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device.
- All vessels must purchase a launch permit prior to launching.
- Launch and retrieval of all vessels must be done in designated areas only. (see map)
- Any vessel launching on Lagoon waters, must be powered by hand, sail, or electric trolling motors.
- Gasoline powered engines are not to be used. Engine must be tilted up when the vessel is on Lagoon waters.
- Wind surfers may carry no more than one person.
- All vessels must carry a Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each person on board.
- All float tubes require launch permits, which should be displayed in a manner similar to fishing licenses.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s) must be worn.
- All applicable Fish and Game regulations will be enforced.
- Use of float tubes is restricted to the Castaic Lake Lagoon.
- Whistles or other sound signaling devices, while not required, ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- A 12” x 12” orange square is required on the back of the float tube.
- SWIMMING IS PERMITTED IN DESIGNATED AREAS, ONLY WHEN A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. Beaches are open FOR SWIMMING only during summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day).
- Always watch your children when they are in or near the water.
- Report a lost child immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
- Animal must be on leashes. No animals allowed in the water or on the beach. Please pick up after your pet.