FRIENDS OF CASTAIC LAKE
WHO ARE WE?
The Friends of Castaic Lake (FOCL) are a group of dedicated volunteers who continue to make a positive impact on the Castaic Lake Recreation Area. Formed in 1983 as a nonprofit group with the mission to support and enhance the operation of the County of Los Angeles' largest regional park, the FOCL conduct fundraisers and special events to support park programs and projects.
The Friends of Castaic Lake have helped fund and volunteer for many special events, including:
- "Fishin' and Fun for Kids" day
- C.A.S.T. - Casting a Special Thrill" event for disabled children
- the December "Winter Magic - Lighted Boat Parade".
The Friends meet at the BISC Building, on the 3rd Tuesday of every month (Except December).
1. In order to be a member of F.O.C.L., you must attend three out of the last five meetings.
2. In order to earn a lake pass, you must be a member of F.O.C.L and volunteer four hours each quarter.
Q1 (January - March) / Q2 (April - June) / Q3 (July - September) / Q4 (October - December)
If you are interested in getting involved, attend a meeting, or for more information,
please contact the park office at (661) 257-4050.
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
This is one of the simplest ways to help out our cause. We believe the best way for our initiatives to be successful is for the community to actively get involved. This is an easy and efficient way of contributing to the great work we do at Castaic Lake.
Get in touch with any questions about how you can Volunteer Your Time today.